For decades politicians have muddled a simple issue of national security with endless victimization banter solely to achieve their goal of forever tipping America’s electoral balance. California is case-in-point – a once red state turned dark blue via orchestrated illegal immigration, rampant anti-Americanism and blanket Amnesty. Unfortunately, considering an estimated 15-20 million illegal immigrants currently reside in America, locating and deporting those individuals would be an arduous task if not an extremely costly one. Not only could such an endeavor result in mass chaos in the streets, a public relations nightmare would ensue if these actions resulted in loss of life among immigration officials or the countless subjects they pursued. Although America is fully justified in deporting or arresting all of these individuals and their families, I believe these critical concerns can be diligently and equitably addressed in 5 simple steps, or more succinctly, one Constitutional Amendment.
1) Any illegal immigrant wishing to remain in America must come forward to be fully vetted, medically and criminally. Those who successfully pass will be approved for a conditional guest/work visa and required to pay taxes; which will include a national duty imposed on all foreign guest workers to pay for their screening and monitoring. However, because these individuals knowingly broke our immigration laws, they will NOT be eligible for citizenship, public assistance or granted the right to vote. Any guest worker/resident who commits future egregious or felonious acts – i.e., murder, rape, acts of terrorism, vote fraud, harboring other illegals – will be imprisoned, deported, and permanently barred from re-entering the country. Their immediate family will also be subject to the same penalties. All children or “anchor babies” born to guest residents will not receive citizenship or the privileges prescribed within.
2) Those immigrants wishing to become actual American citizens must physically leave the country, file for citizenship and complete the process afforded by law before returning to America; those prudent actions they should have taken before illegally crossing our border.
3) Eliminate all Sanctuary Cities. American citizens are not given refugee from breaking the law so why would a foreign trespasser? Those illegals who do not subject themselves to a background check for a guest visa, or willingly vacate the country to apply for citizenship, will be tracked/arrested and banned from returning to America or ever applying for citizenship.
4) Build a Wall. Once completed, anyone who illegally enters America will serve a mandatory prison term, be deported, and banned from returning or ever becoming a U.S. citizen.
5) All immigration from Islamic countries must cease for the foreseeable future; at least until a credible method is found to properly identify Muslims and thoroughly investigate their backgrounds for possible radical ties. All Islamic nationals currently residing in America on guest or student visas must be identified and re-screened. If insufficient information exists on any given subject, they will be immediately returned to their native country. With a 500% increase in the prevalence of global terrorist attacks since 2008, consider these precautions justified and long overdue. Self-preservation needs to justification.
Every civilized nation recognizes the absolute necessity of protecting their borders and maintaining an orderly immigration program. With due diligence, not subversive political subterfuge, we can honor the promise of America – a beacon of hope and opportunity for all mankind – without sacrificing our national sovereignty or the safety of the American people; that indelible duty our elected government swore to fulfill.